Are you tired of finding ad-riddled health information?
How about trying to find a good doctor?
Help us solve these problems by joining our cause!
OursMedicina is a 501c3 organization dedicated to providing free, accurate and unbiased healthcare information to the world. We want to create a non-commercial global healthcare resource that people can depend on and we need you to do it! We are currently seeking a motivated, passionate candidate who understands the need for free and accurate healthcare information and can help attract volunteers to our organization.
- Ability to lead and motivate a group of volunteers
- Develop and implement volunteer programs
- Recruit volunteer for support work and recommend assignments that will make the best use of individual talents
- Develops training programs for volunteers
- Serve on task forces and committees related to volunteerism
- Maintain public contact in the community and public/ private sectors in order to implement fund raising strategies
- Promotes public awareness of OursMedicina as well as its needs for volunteers
- Coordinate the preparation and printing of publicity materials with the board of directors.
- Determines the most economical and efficient means to print professional quality publicity materials
- Reviews program policies and procedures for issues related to volunteers
- Maintain volunteer time records and applications
- Plans, organizes and implement volunteer recognition events and activities.
- Assist staff in writing grant applications for programs utilizing volunteers
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times,
- Streamline work processes and work cooperatively
Principals, techniques, tools, and media used in promoting good public relations.
- Principals and practices of volunteer management
- Methods and techniques of fundraising for cultural and educational institutions or social service agencies.
- Skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a a diverse community
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Ability to utilize advertising and/or sales promotion techniques
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials
- Ability to plan, organize and facilitate arrange of special events.
This position will be an Internship-to-hire position, which will be re-evaluated in 60 days.
Please forward your resume and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com and we look forward to hearing from you shortly!